[K12OSN] OT: setting gnome file manager defaults

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Tue Jan 18 15:42:28 UTC 2005

Dan,

Thanks.  I had seen the 'spatial nautilus' issue/flames. I am on the other side on this one  ;) , but it really shouldn't matter.  It whatever you happen to be used to.

A bigger issue for me is the (for me) byzantine way that the directories/menu entries/etc are set up and managed.  Probably because of  my Windows background, the Explorer way seems very clear about who sees what in this respect.

Your link to the sys-admin-guide is very useful and I will use Chapter 2 to try and figure it out.  Gnome could have made it easier to find instructions for a user without putting the information in a developer's guide. Then again, the developers are so busy with this massive package that I am grateful they put it anywhere.

It is probably very straightforward once you have done it a dozen times.

Again, thanks!

Dave Hopkins