Re: [K12OSN] Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, David Trask wrote:

Hello everyone!

This is sooooo  cooool!  Many folks have struggled over the past 2 years
to get Samba/LDAP servers up and running based on the how-to I had posted
on my site (along with other how-to's as well).  Steve Kossakoski of SAU
16 in Exeter, NH had the vision of putting the whole thing into a script
and brought a talented programmer into the fold to help put the idea into
practice.  With Matt Oquist doing the code...Art Reardon, Tech director of
SAU 16, doing the testing, and myself doing testing and the
documentation....we have managed to pull together an awesome Samba/LDAP
installer package that makes installing Samba/LDAP on your server a
practically idiot-proof process.  In fact, I encourage you to see for
yourself!  You can see the how-to doc online at

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/index.htm

<snip>

Excellent! This has been on my wish-list for a long, long time.

I'm off-line until Monday. Hopefully I can test & package this up
early next week!

-Eric