[K12OSN] making dvd iso

steve gilmore stegil at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:32:39 UTC 2005

Awhile back eric had a message about making a dvd with some command line
statements.
Further to this, I found and tried with success, a script that does it all
for you. Works nicely. I was able to create a k12ltsp-4.2.0 dvd iso that was
tested bootable. I don't have a new system to install yet.

Download the script mkdvd-1.0 from here,
http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/.
Create a directory that contains only the k12ltsp-4.2.0 iso disks
(4-disks).If you don't already have installed mkisofs & anaconda-runtime,
use apt-get to install them as the script will complain if not installed.
Then :
#./mkdvd-1.0 /k12ltsp-sourcedirectory/
/k12ltsp-targetdirectory/k12ltsp-4.2.0-dvd.iso
Thats it, source & target could be the same.The script edits correctly the
.discinfo file.

SteveG