[K12OSN] How to install from .src.rpm

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Wed Jan 26 18:56:57 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> This may be a stupid question, but here goes.  How do I install from
> *.src.rpm?  Trying to get things running on YDL is forcing me to find

You need to build the binary RPM from the .src.rpm. Something like:

rpmbuild --rebuild blah.src.rpm

I think you will find the resulting binary rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS
or something similar. Don't know if that changes for Fedora. On my
Mandrake box it's /usr/src/RPM/RPMS. Install the resulting binary RPM in
the usual way.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope
with others being intolerant.
     -Nigel Cunningham