Re: [K12OSN] How to install from .src.rpm

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but here goes.  How do I install from
*.src.rpm?  Trying to get things running on YDL is forcing me to find

You need to build the binary RPM from the .src.rpm. Something like:

rpmbuild --rebuild blah.src.rpm

I think you will find the resulting binary rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS or something similar. Don't know if that changes for Fedora. On my Mandrake box it's /usr/src/RPM/RPMS. Install the resulting binary RPM in the usual way.

-- Mike Rambo mrambo lsd k12 mi us

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope
with others being intolerant.
    -Nigel Cunningham