[K12OSN] Get rid of my PCs

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 00:00:30 UTC 2005

My first year teaching, I had to use a K12LTSP lab because I had very
old machines. The next year, the school bought me new machines. The
principal was afraid of buying thin clients because they weren't on the
approved list and no one would fix them.

Well, we just got a new head of IT, and he's started to pilot Linux
projects and is especially interested in thin clients.

He just emailed me something that I don't know the answer to, so I'm
asking...

Can you run Mac apps on a thin client? They know they can run Windows
and Linux, but don't know about Macs, and I must admit that I don't
know either.

Thanks,
Todd O'Bryan

P.S. Cross your fingers. I'm going to try to convince them to let me
buy a server and thin clients as a pilot project and then give these
virus-laden, permissions-confusing, time-sucking XP Pro machines to
unsuspecting teachers who are still running Windows 95. :-)