Re: [K12OSN] LTSP dhcpd.conf question

This is possible, but you will have to put in a line in the dhcpd.conf file like:
next server = IP address

or something like that since the ltsp files won't actually live on the server where DHCP is actually running.

Someone else on here can tell you what to add and where to add it. I used to have that setup configured here but when I replaced a server, the ltsp in now being run from the same server as DHCP.

Guys?

P.S. is the other server running linux? (the one where dhcpd will be running. . .)

Doug

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

Does anyone know if it would cause any problems booting non-ltsp dhcp
clients from a dhcp server with the ltsp dhcpd.conf?

I would assume no.  I would think that standard clients would ignore the
kernel info and file paths and default directory stuff.  The reason I
ask is instead of running two dhcp servers to the network, one for ltsp
and the other for standard dhcp clients, I would like to put the
dhcpd.conf from the ltsp server into the current dhcp server.  Then turn
off dhcp on the ltsp server and let all clients use the current server.
I want to have everyone on the same network using the same dhcp server.

Let me know if this is possible or of any problems that might arise from
this setup.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department