[K12OSN] Betas available?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Jul 2 20:18:48 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 11:39, Liam Marshall wrote:
> The 2 different workstations I have
> are Dell Optiplex GX1's and IBM 300PLs.  Both have onboard sound
> (crystal chipset)  both when loaded with Windows have the sound
> working.  Both have sound working with Suse 9.1

The problem is that the crystal chipset lives on the ISA buss even
though it is built into a pci motherboard.  Suse must do some extra
probing to find it.  Someone posted this earlier about the GX1 and
I think it matches what I used a while back:

 SMODULE_01  = "cs4232 io=0x220 irq=7 dma=1"

If that doesn't work, maybe you can peek at the options a working
Suse sets up in /etc/modules.conf

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com