[K12OSN] local USB devices (flash drive) on K12LTSP 4.4

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sat Jul 9 17:17:33 UTC 2005

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Jim McQuillan wrote:

> David,
>
> I'm not sure just what Eric has incorporated into k12ltsp, but in
> straight ltsp, hotplug usb memory sticks are working great.  we're still
> having some issues with floppies and cdroms that sometimes look like a
> file in Nautilus, instead of a folder.

K12LTSP is running straight LTSP 4.1.1.

K12LTSP does include a tweak to the mtools/floppyd configuration
that lets it work with USB memory sticks. Try inserting a thumb drive
into a terminal and click on the "Floppy Drive" icon.

> BUT, Scott and I have been working hard on this everynight for the past
> week, and we're making great progress.  We should have something ready
> for general testing within the next couple of weeks. And whatever we
> come up with should drop easily onto a k12ltsp system.

Of course the next release of LTSP will be packaged up and included
in K12LTSP as well... ;-)

-Eric