[K12OSN] How to NFS mount /home

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Sat Jul 16 00:35:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 18:22 -0500, Mark Cockrell wrote:

snip -->

> I can't seem to get my head around the concepts necessary to NFS mount
> /home.  When I ran Matt's smb-ldap script on my new primary server I
> told it to NFS export /home, but I don't know how to tell my new K12LTSP
> server to make use of that export.  I did manage to join the domain at
> one point and log in as a user but I got an error message telling me
> that the system couldn't find /home/myusername.  Can someone point me to
> a (preferably brain-dead simple) how-to on the subject?  Thanks in advance.

Mark, I cut the following from David Trasks instructions for smb/LDAP
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/

" add a a line similar to the following to fstab…
10.0.0.234:/home   /home   nfs     defaults,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0 "

Replace the 10.0.0.234 ip with the ip of your server then
then as root# mount /home

or reboot

hth,

John