[K12OSN] Homework DropBox Idea

Thomas E. Haynes haynest at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 25 03:34:07 UTC 2005

Liam...

In one of those complex things, am running samba on a Fedora Core 2 machine,
but my users are on Wintel XP laptops. I have accounts for each user on the
linux box, and they have mapped user directories. I do the authentication
off the Windows domain. This could not really work any better than it does.

The snippet above is from my smb.conf file, and if you are not using samba,
this may not be too much help.

The veto allows you to hide dot files or whatever. They can delete a file
and submit a new one. They can't see or delete a classmate's file. They
don't even know if a classmate has submitted an assignment.

Regards...   Tom