[K12OSN] Server Boards (was Saving money on memory )

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Fri Jun 3 02:48:51 UTC 2005

John Baillie said:
> We too are looking to buy / build a server. I looked at the dells and
> they are out of our price range of 3000 or under.

I am shopping for a server right now as well, and I have one spec'd out at
www.penguincomputing.com for $3500. I have a _ton_ of RAM in it (enough
for 50 clients) at that price. Depending on your needs you can likely get
something there for under $3000. I have a lot of Penguin servers and they
have all be rockstars. Something to look at if you have not already.

--
-Regards-

Quentin Hartman
Technology Coordinator