[K12OSN] Maildir imap server

I am getting ready to install a new email server from scratch (it being summer, and linux being free and all...) -- and I'm curious what daemon folks are using as an imap server. The trick, of course, is that I'm using Maildir rather than the standard mbox format. (and oh my goodness what a performance increase...well worth the hassle)

Last year, I managed to compile courier-imapd (after finding dependencies, etc) -- is that still the best way to go? Is there some pre-packaged included-on-the-k12ltsp cds that will handle Maildir folders?

Thanks for any insight,
-Shawn