[K12OSN] 64 bit Intel with HT or 64 bit AMD dual core?

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:21:00 UTC 2005

Hi, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for horsepower to run more than 80
clients at the same time... While also providing NIS and home dirs via nfs.
My current system is currently running 45 to 55 clients using IceWm, nis and
nfs using a twin mp 2 point something with 4 gigs on one 1gig nic.

Man,  is RAM cheap right now.

<snip>
Jim,

I think you would be just fine with just a regular P4. However, since you
want the 64bit technology (which I don't think will be utilized very well by
K12LTSP) I would go with the AMD with dual core but either would work fine.

-Paul
</snip>