[K12OSN] "marketing" the K12LTSP desktop

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 8 15:06:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 09:52, Eric Harrison wrote:
> I'll check to see how hard it is to change the default background, I
> don't like it much myself.
>
> Odds are pretty low that it will be practical, however. Seemingly little
> changes like this often become huge development burdens, I try to keep
> everything "stock" as possible.

I think it would make a lot of people more comfortable if a GUI
wrapper replaced the K12Linux-LTSP-initialize script with an
assortment of menu selections to control things like dual/single
NIC operation, window manager default, and other odds and ends
like that.  I hate to do stuff like that myself, but maybe you
can find a python wizard who could set it up in a way simple
enough that it could be easily kept in sync with the scripts that
actually do the config work. If you had something like that, you
could offer the option to change or put back the default.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com