[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.1 EL pre-release BOOT

Alan Hodson aahodson at episd.org
Wed Jun 8 15:31:43 UTC 2005

Hi folks

I D/loaded and burned isos for the Centos version, but haven't had much
luck getting disk 1 to boot.

I first tried the disk by itself - it doesn't boot
Then I tried using the last fedora boot - naturally it looks for fedora
= no go
Then I looked for a boot image inside the first disk, found one- burned
a small CD with and tried it again. The Centos boot splash screen comes
up, but once it asks for the location (CD-ROM) it will not recognize the
disks: Centos 4.0 CD was not found in any of the CD drives.
Tried <linux noscsii> and <linux noprobe> to cover possible hardware
issues to no avail...
Suggestions welcomed!
Thanks

Alan Hodson