[K12OSN] 64 bit Intel with HT or 64 bit AMD dual core?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jun 9 06:26:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Peter Hartmann wrote:

> If you go 64 bit you
>> may have problems with binary only browser plugins
>
> Would that be true even if you used a 32 bit firefox?

Binary plugins are not a problem if you use a 32 bit
firefox.  On the other hand, this creates a new problem:
installing a 32 bit firefox ;-)

Hmm, now that I think about it, a few tweaks to the apt/yum
repository might make this pretty easy to do. I won't have
access to my test servers until Monday, I'll send myself a
note to try this next week.

-Eric