[K12OSN] Web Based Email

Michael Williams mwilliams at haywood.k12.nc.us
Mon Jun 13 13:02:31 UTC 2005

John,

I've used squirrelmail and qmail for several years with no major problems.
I use courier-imap/pop, sophos antivirus, spamassassin and use qmail with
maildirs and qmail scanner. I run it all on dual processor p3 with 2g RAM
with SCSI Raid 5. It's been very stable.

qmail while well supported does require a few extra hoops to jump through
to set up  with other programs such as mailman etc... but is doable.

msw
--
Michael Williams                   Haywood County Schools
Technology Director               Instructional Technology