[K12OSN] Teacher Tool

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Mon Jun 13 16:02:50 UTC 2005

G'day,
has anyone managed to get the vnc option working in Teacher Tool, and if so
would they be willing to share how they did this?  I am of the opinion that
there is a fundamental flaw with the command that TT runs; said command is
vncviewer -passwd /usr/local/share/passwd server:99
We are expecting the server to be called "server" and the vncserver to be
running on port 99 of the server.  Thin clients don't acutally run a
vncserver, so I can see how it is possible to connect to a logged in thin
client.  This is obviously a desirable thing to do as we want the teachers to
be able to see what the students are up to and, if necessary, do something on
the students screen, all from the comfort of the teachers desk.

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation