[K12OSN] why is printing SOOOO slow??

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 18:44:26 UTC 2005

Joe,

You don't mention what package you are using for printing, but ... check the pspfontcache as a possible cause of slow printing if using OOo or StarOffice.   The thread at http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=5114&highlight=   discusses it (a quick google for pspfontcache)  Just delete the file for each user, and create a new file (touch pspfontcache) and set it to read only (chmod 444).

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins