[K12OSN] version 4.2.0 rc1

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 15 04:48:55 UTC 2005

what I am using right now is ver 4.2.0 rc1  it has functioned more or
less well all year long.  I have never been able to get sound going in
any fashion on my thin clients (mostly IBM 300PLs with a few Dell
Optiplex's)

My question is... Is there a significant change from what I have to
4.2.1 EL?  Has that version miraculously fixed sound on the thin
clients?  Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic product, and my hat is
off to all involved.  My downtime has been almost nil due to software.

I was toying with loading another distro on the server, and then
terminal server on top.  Would anyone recommend that, and if so, is
there a good, almost no brainer step by step for loading terminal server

the reason I was thinking of another distro was because of the
sound.issue.  Otherwise, I love the allinone absolutely no thought
needed installation process of K12LTSP for a good basic setup.  Of
course, you need to tweak to your own needs afterward, but thats fine.

Anyway, gonna have to choose what path soon.  I need to reload in July
as I will have little time in August before the new year starts.

Advice??  Opinions??