Re: [K12OSN] Changing the default desktop background: a test package

Jon Spriggs wrote:

For a small change, how about making the script offer a --mandatory and (default) --nomandatory which would then allow you to force the change on to all users, or not (as the case may be)? Another possible change is offering a --colour flag meaning you can do default_desktop --colour blue giving a solid blue colour. This would cut down the bandwidth across the network somewhat. If you want, I'll tweak the script (if you can provide the sources) and I'll feed it back.

Regards,

Sure! The source is at
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/SRPMS/k12ltsp-backgrounds-0-0.src.rpm

I'd suggest that "--nomandtory" be skipped, only include a "-mandatory" flag.

We also might need a "--remove" or "--delete" flag to get rid of a
"mandatory" background.

-Eric