[K12OSN] centos4 and AD

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Jun 29 17:56:51 UTC 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Mark Gumprecht wrote:

> AD, NDS, LDAP/SAMBA? I have a mixed bag here of 98,win2k,xp,linux,osx.

Mark, I'm on the brink of doing the same thing.  I bought an xserve
(pretty cheap for decent hardware too...) for managing the osx
clients, and I'm considering using the xserve for user authentication
from all the boxes.  (It's OpenLDAP, and I assume compatible with any
LDAP needs)

Anyone using OSX Server for user authentication?  Other than it not
being linux (which is a huge issue for me... at least OSX uses
OpenLDAP...) -- is there any reason not to use the xserve for
authentication?

-Shawn