[K12OSN] centos4 and AD

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 29 18:52:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 12:45, Mark Gumprecht wrote:

> What is
> the best solution for centralized authentication? AD, NDS, LDAP/SAMBA? I
> have a mixed bag here of 98,win2k,xp,linux,osx. After this latest
> incident, I'm quite temped to over haul the whole thing this summer!

I think there will be a new and better option when Red Hat releases the
7.1 version of Red Hat Directory Server.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/
This was once the Netscape directory server and from all accounts has
more features and is more robust than openldap.  Is anyone currently
working with samba/ldap watching this?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com