[K12OSN] Bulk-add script problem with SMB/LDAP Installer fromOquist and Trask

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Thu Jun 30 16:20:24 UTC 2005

Can you post your userinfo.names?

--mark

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf
Of Jim Kronebusch
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:14 AM
To: k12osn at redhat.com
Subject: [K12OSN] Bulk-add script problem with SMB/LDAP Installer fromOquist
and Trask

I am trying to run the smbldap-useradd-bulk script included with the
SMB/LDAP Installer provided by David and Matt.  I have created a
userinfo.names with the following:
Firstname,Lastname,username,groupid,password

I run the script with ./smbldap-useradd-bulk -f userinfo.names -o
userinfo.finish
And get results across the screen in the format of:
Firstname,Lastname,username,groupid,password,homedir,wierdrandom8charact
eroutput

Not sure what the last item is, it almost looks like a automatically
generated password.  I cannot log in with these new users either with
the password from the userinfo.names or the random 8 character output.

I have to lists of users, I have a list of students I want to import as
groupid 525 and a list of staff I want to import as group 526.  These
users already have usernames and passwords that they have used since the
beginning of time.  Any ideas as to what may be wrong here?

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188
jim at winonacotter.org