[K12OSN] Two identical cards one doesnt work.

Daniel Hedblom daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Tue Mar 1 11:53:20 UTC 2005

Hello!

I have one heck of a bug to chew on.

I have DM9102 AF cards in most thin clients. They are bought at the same time
and seems to be identical to me. They all worked with k12ltsp up until the
k12ltsp-4.1 version. They all get the right driver assigned to them, tulip and
most of them works just fine. Some of them boots off PXE, gets ip from DHCPD,
launches the kernel, loads the tulip module and get no new adress from DHCP??
The DHCP log do show the first dhcp lease etc and leases out another one to the
linux kernel but the kernel doesnt see that one.

We have tried swapping boot roms, computers, memory etc, etc but no cigar.

What has changed from the ltsp-4.1 release?

/daniel

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!

 /V\ Daniel Hedblom  | Nipanskolan