[K12OSN] RE: Squid and dansguardian

Quigg, Dale dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Tue Mar 1 17:06:38 UTC 2005

> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:53:26 -0800
> From: Lee Myrick <lee at renarts.org>
> Subject: [K12OSN] Squid and dansguardian
<snip>
> Now I'm on to part two of the project: We currently have a dsl line
> coming in for internet access (works fine with the server just setup
> for dhcp connection). Now I want to setup Squid and Dansguardian. From
> what I've read on this list, it seems the best way to do this is with a
> separate box. I have an extra Compaq PIII box that should work. I'd
> also like this box to be an mail server if possible.
>
> I'm not new to Linux, but I'm new to a project this large, so forgive
> me if I'm asking newbie questions: I'm trying to get the physical
> configuration down as I haven't seen any talk about this part of
> setting up a proxy box.
>
> Question 1: Does the squid/dansguardian box need two nics? One for dsl
> in and one out to ltsp server?

It's easiest if you use two NICs.

> Question 2: Is it feasible to do squid/ dansguardian and a mail/ftp
> server on the same box?

Yes.
You may want to consider ClarkConnect Office (http://www.clarkconnect.com).
I'm pleased with the product/value/service they offer.

Hope this helps.
Dale Q

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.