[K12OSN] Remote Reboot

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 2 20:10:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 13:18, Adam Melancon wrote:
> I found psshutdown from sysinternals.com but unfortunatly it only
> works for NT and above.
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml

If you install IIS on win2k you get a command line utility called
IISRESET that takes the option /REBOOT and optionally can pass
the command to other machines if they have the same admin password
or you have domain admin permissions.  (Interesting that they'd
think you need this capability when you run IIS...).  But I don't
think there is anything similar included for Win98.  You could install
VNC server, but chances are that anything that would make you want
to reboot would also keep VNC from working.   A remote control power
switch might work, but most of those cost more than a new PC and OS.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com