[K12OSN] Can anyone help me tackle sound with iMac or any ppcmachine?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 3 14:09:35 UTC 2005

> The only advice I have to offer (with no experience on apple/mac
> equipment) is to double check that the sound/mixer volume
> levels aren't set to 0 by default when the installation took place.
>
> This has been a common fix noted on another lug mailing list
> I subscribe to.

Thanks.  I set sound in /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/lts.conf to 75 for a default.
When I check the client the mixer slider is up about 3/4 of the way so I
don't think that is it.  When I try to play sound I get an error saying
that the device is either busy or unavailable.  So I assume it doesn't
have the right modules loaded to detect it.