[K12OSN] old laptops

Mikko Jordman mikko.jordman at edu.vantaa.fi
Fri Mar 4 10:22:41 UTC 2005

Sudev Barar wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 17:48 -0500, Ascension Tech wrote:
>

>>Hey Sudev,
>>Thanks for writing back.  What part of the documentation do you mean?
>>I only see a part that says that pcmcia booting isn't possible.
>>
>>http://k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3ABooting%3APCMCIAClients
>>

>Look at contrib area in www.ltsp.org

In fact, I think (maybe I'm wrong) that pcmcia boot is not possible.
Instead the kernel is loaded locally (from the wireless_ltsp
floppyimage) and then the laptop takes connection to the LTSP-server.
Works easily, no confing needed. Only thing is it takes uite a long time
to boot from the floppy. That can be fixed by putting the wireless_ltsp
-package on the HD. I managed to do it, so it can't be too hard :)

mikkoj