[K12OSN] Fedora Update Problems

Jason Waskiewicz Jason.Waskiewicz at sendit.nodak.edu
Sat Mar 5 13:47:11 UTC 2005

I am currently running two LTSP labs in my building and am about to start
up a third. They are all very small classroom labs. They all run RedHat
Fedora 2.

My problem is that LTSP ceases to work when I download any updates to
Fedora. My solution so far has been to not download them. If I do download
them. LTSPAdmin will not let me reconfigure the services that quit
working, particularly TFTP.

This would be fine except I might be changing jobs this spring and I want
to set up something for people who don't understand Linux. I did this
purely as a volunteer, so the school will not be hiring a replacement.

--Jason Waskiewicz
  jason.waskiewicz at sendit.nodak.edu