[K12OSN] rpm hanging on v4.2.0

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Mar 7 05:56:54 UTC 2005

Using k12ltsp 4.2.0 with all latest updates:

I have a problem with rpm action that google has not shed any light on
for me so I put it to you good folks :^).

I can perform rpm commands such as install and remove packages, and the
correct action is taken, but when the action has supposedly finished the
command just sits there on the blank next line without returning me to
the prompt and giving me back the terminal.   I tried rpm --rebuilddb to
see if it would fix it, but the same thing happens with that command -
though I doubt it is rebuilding because not a lot of disk activity
ensues.  The only way is to kill -9 any rpm command because even if I
can wrest back control of the terminal session the rpm commands are
hanging around in my process list long afterwards.  Anyone got any
ideas?

Regards, Gavin