[K12OSN] boot rom from harddrive

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Mar 7 18:57:18 UTC 2005

>   I am using bootrom floppy disks to boot my LTSP clients.  Can anyone
> tell me how I can write this image to the harddrive so I do not need a
> floppy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Burt Carter

Burt, since I'm a DOS guy from way back, the way I do this is partition
the hard drive with FreeDOS (www.freedos.org) and write an autoexec.bat
file to call the appropriate .com file from www.rom-o-matic.net. The
only caveat is that I have to use a file specific to the network card.
If anyone here is aware of the DOS version of the "Kitchen Sink"
etherboot file, I'd love to know about it.  Just my $.02.

C-ya,
Mark
____
"Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi." -- Arnold Glasow