[K12OSN] Setting quotas and remote X win connection from MS Windows

Petar Dimitrijevic perodim at on.net.mk
Thu Mar 10 10:49:40 UTC 2005

Hi to all,

I installed KLTSP 4.2.0 on a server at work, few weeks ago. Samba is
configured as Domain Server with the excellent smbdlap script. The
logins are managed through Samba/LDAP combination and the username,
passwords and home directories are all the same both for Windows and
Linux machines.

The questions would be:
1. My co-workers are often saving large files on their desktop or in
their My Documents folder. Is there any way that quotas can be set ?

2. The server has no monitor or input devices attached to it. I manage
it through SSH, but only in text mode. Is there any way I can connect to
the remote X windows session from Windows ? and how can I do that from
Linux ?

Best regards,
Petar Dimitrijevic