Rép. : [K12OSN] Grub

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Fri Mar 11 14:37:02 UTC 2005

Easy, open /boot/grub/grub.conf and you will see a line at the top with
the default time (beware not the default boot). Just change it and save.
You dont need to relaunch grub as we did in LILO.

>>> jconlon1 at elp.rr.com 2005-03-10 19:14:48 >>>
I finally got my Inspiron 6000 to dual boot but I'm not happy with the

timer in the new version of Grub that is in K12LTSP 4.2.0.  The four
seconds, I think, to press a key has caused me to miss the change
several times when I wanted to go into Linux mode.  The bigest problem

has been someone coming up and talking to me during start up.  Is there

a way I can increase the time to 8 or 10 seconds?
Thanks
Pat