[K12OSN] First test build of 4.2.1, with PPC terminal support

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Mar 14 13:26:48 UTC 2005

I will test it tomorrow (will download tonight).  Like Chuck I have a pile
of iBooks to test with.  Just curious....what command did you use at the
Open Firmware to instruct it to boot to LTSP?  Also....since I can't test
yet....does holding down the option key present you with a network boot
option (LTSP) and/or does holding down the "N" key also work in this
case.....I know it works for netboot, but curious about etherboot/LTSP.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 7:33 PM +0000 wrote:

>I have uploaded a first test build of K12LTSP 4.2.1. In addition to all
>of the official Fedora updates, this build includes support for PPC
>terminals.
>
>An out-of-the-box install will boot my PowerBook G4. I have not tried any
>other PPC terminals, nor have I verfied that upgrades work as expected.
>
>So proceed with caution, this is not ready for production use...
>
>If you are brave enough to try it, please let us know if 1) you tried
>upgrading an existing server (non-producton, test servers only!) and
>2) what PPC boxes you tried to use as terminals and whether or not they
>worked.
>
> 	ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.2.1/
> 	rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.2.1/ .
>

>Thanks to everyone here who worked on making the PPC support so seemless!
>
>-Eric

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School