[K12OSN] Can't see internet on fresh 4.2.0 install

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Mon Mar 14 14:33:10 UTC 2005

This happened to me, and was traced down to an ACPI bug in the BIOS.
Anyway, the solution was to add acpi=off to the kernel  command line.
You can test that by editting the command line at boot time using grub's
tools for doing that. If you want to test it permanently, you can edit
/etc/grub.conf and add it there.

This may not be the problem, but it has happened to others.

Angus Carr.