[K12OSN] First test build of 4.2.1, with PPC terminal support

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Mar 14 16:09:12 UTC 2005

> Can you give me an idea of the differences required in XF86Config?

So far the only 2 machines I have had trouble with are the Snow iBook
12" and the iMac Indigo.  I don't know enough about the XF86Config file
to really know why they don't work.  The Snow iBook sets the screen
resolution to 1024x768 and need to be reduced to 800x600 or everything
runs off of the screen.  The iMac Indigo wouldn't even start X.  In
order to get a XF86 file for the Indigo I just did a local install of
Ubuntu and stole the file and slapped it into /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/.  My
last email should have a copy of this custom file included.

Maybe you could look through the custom file and compare it to the one
included with the ppc package?  I just don't understand it enough yet to
know which pieces are critical and which ones aren't.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a build_x4_cfg script :-)