[K12OSN] DPORT-1067 is being ignored

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 11:44:51 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get dhcp running on port 1067.  This is
on my home system running Mandrake with ltsp on top.
Here are the pertinent lines from my dhcpd.conf file:

option option-128 code 128 = string;
option option-129 code 129 = text;
option option-128 "e4:45:74:68:00:00";
option option-129 "DPORT=1067";

I've tried placing them in different sections of that
file, but currently they're in the top section, which
I believe are the global settings.

In Mandrake, I have to edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd in
order to tell dhcpd to run on port 1067.  I've done
that.

When the client attempts to boot, it gets a kernel (I
think that's what it's doing) but it gets stuck later
on and tells me that it's searching for a dhcp server
on port 67.  Seems like option 128 and 129 have not
successfully been passed to the kernel.

So I revert back to port 67 by editing
/etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd, but I forgot to comment out
the above lines from lts.conf.  What do you know, the
client boots fine (on port 67).  So again, it seems
like option 128 and 129 are not being passed to the
kernel.

What have I done wrong?  I'm out of ideas.

-Rob