[K12OSN] How do I stop attempted logins

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Mar 22 14:49:13 UTC 2005

I second the suggestion to just use a non-standard port.  Last fall some friends and I
all noticed this same thing on our various boxes.  The attempts, which seemed to come
largely from SE Asia, suggested some new script-kiddie rootkit was making the rounds.
Anyway, the attempts were all failing but were filling up the log files.  So, we all
moved to ports such as 922 or 2322 or whatever (something *somewhat* easy to remember)
and the log files have been quiet ever since.

Petre