[K12OSN] Release cycle too fast

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Thu Mar 31 19:36:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:46 -0800, Huck wrote:
> Personally what I think is that Eric H. aught to be able to focus on the
> releases. Then someone else(plural?) with the skills to begin
> integrating those apps into viable packages that are
> selectable/configurable at install could take that portion of the helm.

This is already happening w/ Fedora Extras. As Eric noted, that
repository is enabled by default in the 4.2.1 release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

"yum install foo" where foo is a package in Extras. Extras packages
should be available at install time w/ FC5.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District