[K12OSN] OT: how to boot PPC LiveCDs

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu May 5 13:59:36 UTC 2005

Since they're ISO files, just like the ones for x86, I assumed I just used the same
cdrecord syntax to burn them.  But perhaps not?  If any of you Mac folks could get the
LiveCD ISO, burn it and test it, I'd appreciate it.  Ubuntu can be gotten at
http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/5.04/

and Kubuntu can be gotten at
http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/hoary/

BTW, Jim, thanks for all the terrific work you've done getting Macs to work as clients,
thin & chubby.  If it's okay with you, I may suggest to the teachers that they take an
'excursion' down to Winona to see what you've done.  I think you're only a couple hours
drive away (I'm in Minneapolis).

Petre