[K12OSN] tentative roadmap, request for input

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 16:30:58 UTC 2005

--- Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us>
wrote:
> You can already run LTSP on SUSE, you just have to
> manually install it.
> You can think of K12LTSP just as LTSP pre-installed
> into Fedora.
>
> Having LTSP work "out-of-the-box" is a very nice
> feature of K12LTSP, but
> LTSP itself is really not all that hard to install
> these days...
>
> -Eric

I understand that.  I am just hopefull that someday we
will have the out-of-the-box performance of the
current K12LTSP distibution (and including the
educational bits) available for any distro.  I didn't
mind installing ltsp on top of Mandrake, but it did
require some knowledge of linux, whereas the K12LTSP
distro requires almost none (as shown in the recent
"too cool" post).

-Rob

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html