[K12OSN] First crack at an EL4-based version of K12LTSP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed May 11 15:55:22 UTC 2005

After three straight days of hacking, I have a mostly-functional version
of K12LTSP based off of CentOS4. Beware that this is in no way ready for
production use! A whole lot of work remains before it is production-ready.

The "Add additional software" feature is mostly broken. There has been
almost no testing done, so many other features are likely busted as
well. I make no promises that this build will upgrade cleanly to the
final version, if you decide to test it out assume that you will have to
wipe your drive clean to install the final version.

But it has been known to boot a terminal, at least once ;-)

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/EL/iso/
   rsync -Pav eharrison.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/EL/iso/ .

One of the remaining questions is what to call this thing. Right now it
is K12LTSP EL4.2.1. That makes sense to me, since it is EL4 + K12LTSP
4.2.1. But is it too easy to confuse K12LTSP 4.2.1 and K12LTSP EL4.2.1 ?
Any better ideas?

-Eric