[K12OSN] OpenGL 3D hardware accel on clients

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:27:22 UTC 2005

In K12ltsp 4.1.1 I added

X4_MODULE_01 = glx
X4_MODULE_02 = dri

 to lts.conf but I don't know where to put

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666
EndSection

when I run glxgears on a client with an ATI Rage 128 (which has 3D
accel in X) I get the message

libGL error: XF86DRIAuthConnection failed

but glxgears still runs but only gets around 70fps. I think it must be
using MESA software accel. How do I enable hardware 3D accel. on
clients that have capable video cards?

Also interesting is when the glxgears is run on the client is eats
0.1% of cpu but if run on the server it eats 99% cpu. What's going
here?

--
Robert Arkiletian
Eric Hamber Secondary