[K12OSN] RE: K12ltsp - AD

Dan Shyne dan at shyne.org
Thu May 12 01:18:27 UTC 2005

Dan,
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

Dan Shyne
Computer Network Manager CCNA, CCAI
Enlarged City School District of Troy, NY

Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:20:24 -0700
From: Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12ltsp - AD
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
        <k12osn at redhat.com>

Dan Shyne wrote:
> Will the clients of K12LTSP authentic against Active directory so, that if
> decide to implement it, we can achieve the much desired grace of a single
> sign on?

You should investigate the winbind functions of samba:
HYPERLINK
"http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html"htt
p://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html

"winbind is a component of the Samba suite of programs that solves the
unified logon problem. Winbind uses a UNIX implementation of Microsoft
RPC calls, Pluggable Authentication Modules, and the Name Service Switch
to allow Windows NT domain users to appear and operate as UNIX users on
a UNIX machine."

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District

   _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 186 Spam messages and set aside 0
Later for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  HYPERLINK
"http://www.ellaforspam.com"www.ellaforspam.com