[K12OSN] Professional Development and Teacher Collaboration

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed May 18 01:36:12 UTC 2005

Eric Brown wrote:
> I'd love to help get this ball rolling so we'd have some text books to show
> to all the nay sayers.

Thank you much Eric -- it *will* happen, I promise. :)  Even if the list
is just me blabbering to any unwilling subscribers!

I am not a teacher, so I have to be careful how and what I say.

If I can't figure out who/where/when to contact regarding a Redhat
hosted listserv, I'll host it myself.  I like the idea of it being
hosted by Redhat though, so I'm going to try hard for that one.  (not
just to take the pressure off me, but let's be honest -- Redhat is a
well known name!)

I *will* host a web based contributers-welcome site though, which I hope
to get running tomorrow.  I'm going to press my few excited teachers to
put information up as soon as possible.  If it turns out to deserve a
domain name, I'll spring for that too.  (Or like my other email said,
bum a subdomain)

I do want to be careful that I don't reinvent the wheel, however,
because there are a ton of great resources already available.  (the
wiki, this list, slashdot ;) etc)  I just want to focus on classroom
skills, teaching methods, lesson plan ideas, moodle-using,
wacky-and-wonderful-web-things, and such the like.  Basically the things
I have no experience with!

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers