[K12OSN] can I get some info on Thin Clients/ Diskless Workstations

Gary Frederick gary.frederick at jsoft.com
Wed May 18 09:11:52 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I was working on some documentation on the workshop we are doing for
kids in a few weeks and got to wondering about what I can say to them
about Thin Clients and Diskless Workstations. The lab will include some
computers that are Diskless Workstations. The rest of the computers will
(mostly) be XP laptops (mostly) and some computers with Linux installed.

Do I have any thin clients?

What is the difference between a thin client and a diskless workstation?

sigh... so many questions - a few weeks left

Thanks,

Gary