[K12OSN] Re: script help please (OT) solved

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 23 19:04:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 13:36, Jimmy Schwankl wrote:

> I  don't think the comma thing was an issue because when the leading
> number got stripped out it left it's comma behind and that allowed it
> to dovetail onto the preceding line nicely. And the last line didn't
> have a comma after it to begin with.

In my script the commas are added by being literally included in the
'echo' line between the $LINE variables.   You might see a quirk with
the shell script collapsing multiple spaces and tabs into one that you
wouldn't have in perl, but on the other hand that is often what you
want for this kind of data.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com