[K12OSN] Logins from Cygwin sloooow

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Tue May 24 23:40:12 UTC 2005

I have been using Cygwin to login from windows computers for a few months
now. It is cool to see that children who use the windows computers in our
classrooms prefer to connect to K12LTSP and run those application rather
than the window ones. :-)

Anyway, when I was just connecting using my laptop everything was fine. Get
login screen, login to gnome wait about a second and voila there is my
desktop.

Since we added 3 more windows computers with K12LTSP access some problems
have developed.

1.	When I log on using any of the computers it usually goes fine and
fast until after I enter my password then I have to wait at least 5 mins for
it to log in. I just have a blue screen and a cursor then eventually
everything loads. Once it is loaded it works fine.