[K12OSN] Suggestions for a LTSP Demo

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed May 25 01:35:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 23:32 +0800, Harish Pillay wrote:

> I would like to hear from list members on best practises for
> demos.

This has been asked several times in the last year alone so the archives
are a good source of ready answers to mine.  Obvious search terms are
"demo" and "presentation".  I recall some listers have generously
offered their presentations to others and posted links to them - or put
them in the wiki.  Start digging and I have the feeling that you will
get some good material.

Also, I recall sage advice that you should not turn up and expect
strange PCs to "just work" with your K12LTSP server because you may
strike network card problems and who-knows-what.  Instead, it was
advised to take your server (could be laptop) and a couple of prepared
clients so that you don't end up with egg on your face trying to make it
work.  Failing that, go in ahead of time and get the clients working
before the "official" eye-popping, jaw-dropping demo of the power of
LTSP.

(Disclaimer: All comment and wisdom gleaned from people who have
actually done this and reported it to this list ;-)  )

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester